The E-40 Series entry phones are compact, weather and vandal resistant, telephone line powered speaker phones designed to provide two-way handsfree communication. The E-40's compact size allows it to be mounted in a standard single gang electrical box. The E-40 is available in five different attractive finishes to match your door hardware, light fixtures, etc. Replacement E-40 faceplates (PNL40) can be purchased separately and are available in all five standard finishes.
The E-40’s blue LED continually provides light for locating the push button in dark locations, dims to indicate off hook and flashes during incoming ring. Note: LED not available on all models. Contact Viking for more information.
The E-40 entry phones can share a single phone line with house or small business telephones when used with a Viking model C-200, C-250 or C-2000B Entry Phone controller. The E-40 entry phones can also be connected to an unused analog station port (programmed for ring down) on a phone system or connected directly to a telephone line when used with a Viking model K-1900-5 or K-1900-30 auto dialer.
The E-40 features microphone and speaker volume controls, selectable auto answer for monitoring and intelligent call progress detection for automatic hang-up when the call is completed.
For outdoor installations where the unit is exposed to precipitation or condensation, the E-40 Series is available with Enhanced Weather Protection (EWP). For more information on EWP, see DOD# 859.
- Power: Telephone line powered. Minimum 18V DC talk battery voltage with a minimum loop current of 20mA. Loop current may be boosted on low current lines with a Viking model TBB-1B Talk Battery Booster (see DOD# 632).
- Dimensions: Faceplate: 123.8mm x 79.4mm x 4.6mm (4.875” x 3.125” x 0.18”), Phone: 72mm x 46mm x 42mm (2.84” x 1.8” x 1.65”)
- Shipping Weight: 0.45 kg (1.0 lbs)
- Operating Temperature: -34° C to 65° C (-30° F to 150° F)
- Humidity: Standard model: 5% to 95% non-condensing humidity, EWP model: up to 100% humidity
- Speaker Volume: Approximately 62db maximum @ 1m
- Ring Voltage: 25V AC RMS minimum (for auto answer)
- CPC Disconnect Time: 300ms minimum
- REN: 0.8A
- Connections: (2) gel-filled butt connectors